Mid-Canada first started operations back in April 1978. We very quickly outgrew our original 1500-square-foot facility on Notre Dame Avenue in Winnipeg, and in the mid-1980s we relocated to our current location, which is more than six times larger. The company’s owner, Gerry Kuczek, has been a part of Mid-Canada since the very beginning. He is responsible for the company’s strategic growth, and is also in charge of the day-to-day management of our team.
While the original focus of the company was on power transmission equipment and gear reducers, our product and service offerings have expanded and changed over the past two decades to better meet market demands.
In the early 1990s, the company opened a branch office in Thompson in order to better be able to serve the vital local mining industry. More recently, customer demand helped drive Mid-Canada’s expansion into the area of belting products and on-site service. While on-site service is an entirely new facet of customer service for Mid-Canada, it was a natural progression, since we focus on how best to serve our customers every day!